Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Recording lead/solos!

Stopped by Roscoe's house yesterday to record solos etc. Only took 2 hours to get the damn software to record properly. We worked on: Shapeless & Round, Interference 2, and Anyone. I think there are only 4 or 5 tracks that need any additional lead, so we should be in good shape for now. I swear, the more I use computers to record the more I miss my 4-track. Already learned my lesson once (lost all the original Velvet Ants demos from a hard drive crash in 2010) you'd think I'd smarten up and go back to tape, or at least one of those fancy multi-track recorder deals... Anything to separate the songs from any sort of operating system! Still not sure if Roscoe will be joining the band on stage, but it will be great to have him contribute to the new album.

stay there,

-im

No comments:

Post a Comment