Thursday, September 25, 2014

Update + October SALE

In honor of the Halloween release of Solt Olio last year, it and all previous albums will be priced at $5 starting October 1st. Visit http://velvet-ants.com to purchase.

UPDATE:

It's been one hell of a ride this past year. After losing Trevor last March I made several attempts to fill a newine up. Unfortunately after going through two drummers and losing a bassist over the course of several months I realized that it just wasn't happening. I'm left to my own devices now and maybe it's better that way.

I was able to re-mix some of the leftover covers we had laying around but that's also up in the air. We didn't get through all of the demoing process on them so there's still some things I'd like to add but for now a break might be best all around. I've been adding acoustic tracks to my solo page at http://soundcloud.com/ianmargolycz but as far as the Ants go I'm at another crossroads.

It'd be great to have played this album out live more but things just didn't work out that way this time. It'd also be great to find some players but it'd have to make sense for all of us. In these cases it was mostly scheduling conflicts but when you're booking gigs scheduling does become pretty important.

On top of all of it a vinyl pressing deal fell through. Looks like the cd's and digital versions will be it for now.

If I could predict the future I wouldn't be at such a loss for words. I'll just have to ride this one out.

-Ian



No comments:

Post a Comment