Friday, April 12, 2013

Covers Project

Hello again,

It looks like this will likely be an on-going project so I'm going to start posting bits and pieces of this 'Covers' album. Since the band is in sort of a limbo state I'll be sorting through what we had left as well as filling in missing areas as time goes on. So far it's mostly skeletal. I have no idea how long this might take so I thought I'd share some of the progress for whoever might like to listen in.

At the end of March I recorded "Forever" (a song my wife had been requesting for some time) and now there's a third mix for it. I also posted 3 new tracks last night including the last song the band recorded together, a cover of Bobby Freeman's "Do You Wanna Dance" - the original is at normal speed but I sort of like it slower. The rest, which I'll be posting sometime today are tracks dating back to 2011 and newer mixes of songs we worked on through the following year.

"You Might Think" features Scott Freeman on drums (who stepped in for Trevor) but I don't know whether he'll be stepping in permanently or not. Scott was helping with programming and we were planning on working on some new tunes (only 2 of which we started). As for other instrumentation, I don't know if I'll be playing drums on the rest of these (some of them might be fine without).

I'm looking to collaborate with other musicians on either these or new material so stay tuned. I had hoped to have these covers wrapped eventually but due to recent events it will certainly take longer... I could be out of commission here shortly so I thought I'd share some of what we had already.

Here's where you can find the latest mixes: Covers [In Progress]



It's Springtime people, get outside!

-Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment